Within the scope of Motel Mozaïque, the multi- and interdisciplinary festival of Rotterdam, artspace the Vrije Schuur presented its fourth exhibition: SPARE. SPARE offered a varied program of visual and audio-visual arts: an international group of five artists occupied the corners of my living space.
- In the living room visual artists Conny de Vugt and Jip Vermond presented 'Keep Dating'. Visitors had the opportunity to sign in for a virtual date in the SPARE home terminal.
- On the toilet Miek van Dongen and Gerd Westendorp presented the non stop audio-videoloop 'Zwerm' - closed closet
- The bedroom was furnished with the art work 'la noche boca arriba' by the Argentinian visual artist Jorge Macchi.
- The Shed featured the work 'two planes' by the Belgian visual artist Bram Vreven.
- On the garden terrace, again Miek van Dongen en Gerd Westendorp (on Saturday together with Jan Schellink) present 'Joep', a live-rap with animation.
SPARE opened on Friday evening April 15, 2005, 19.00 h, and could further be visited on Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17 from 11 - 19 h. 49 persons visited the exhibition.
SCHUURPAPIER No. 4
8 pages / A5 size
edition: 150 copies
Click here to download 'SCHUURPAPIER #4' in pdf format / File size: 5,6 MB / © 2005, Rotterdam, Arnold Schalks.
free SPARE key-labels to take away